Pedestal Mounted Stinger System, ATILGAN, is a fully automated firing unit using Stinger missiles for very short range air defense.
ATILGAN is based on an armored/tracked personnel carrier M113A2 and it is operated with a three-man crew the driver, the gunner and the commander.
The main mission of Low Level Air Defense System ATILGAN, is the low level air defense of stationary and moving forward troops, convoys and tactical bases in the battlefield.
- High hit probability
- High fire power
- Short reaction time
- Coordinated operation with command control systems
- 8 ready-to-fire stinger missiles
- 12.7 mm. automatic machine gun for self defense and missile lead zone coverage
- Passive surveillance, acquisition and tracking sensors, incorporating thermal and daylight TV cameras
- Multi-pulse laser range finder for target ranging
- Two-axes, gyro stabilized turret providing target surveillance, detection, automatic tracking and shoot-on-the-move capabilities
- Fire control computer providing fully automated system functions
- IFF system providing interrogation for friend or foe
- Remote control capability
- Light-weight, modular turret with high speed, which can be integrated on various types of carrier vehicles