BORA is a fully automated missile launching weapon system developed for air defense of naval platforms. The main mission of BORA is the low level air defense of frigates, corvettes or fast attack boats against variety of air threats such as attack helicopters, fighters.
BORA can automatically slew to the target coordinates assigned by battleship operation and command control center. The system can be operated either by using its own control unit located at the battleship operation center or by the multi-purpose operator consoles of the naval platform.
BORA has a flexible software/hardware infrastructure in order to meet the future mission requirements that may evolve. This flexible infrastructure enables the integration of different low level air defense missiles.
- 2/4 ready to fire missiles
- High hit performance
- Fast reaction time
- Automatic target tracking
- Automatic slewing to the targets assigned by fire control radar, target designator and/or system operator
- Passive surveillance, acquisition and tracking sensors incorporating daylight TV and thermal cameras which enable operation under all weather conditions
- Independent E/O group enabling target tracking also during firing and short lock-on-time needed for the second missile fire
- Easy maintenance and high reliability