The LMM Missile Launching System (MLS), developed to provide defense for refineries, seaports and naval bases against variety of surface threats, is a customized compact and lightweight solution for Fast Interceptor Boats (FIB). It has been designed to have minimum weight and impact on FIB speed and maneuverability.
The basic system configuration comprises a lightweight stand alone stabilized Electro Optic (EO) Suite, a stabilized weapon turret and Fire Control subsystem distributed on the boat. Laser Transmitter Unit required for Laser Beam Guiding and other EO units for target detection and tracking are located inside the stabilized EO Suite.
MLS can automatically slew to the target coordinates assigned by EO Suite supported by FIB radar. The system can be operated using its own operator panel located in the wheelhouse.
General specifications of the System are:
- 4/8 ready to fire Lightweight Multirole Missile (LMM)
- Two-axis gyro stabilized turret
- Automatic target tracking by EO Suite
- Laser Range Finder for target ranging
- High hit performance with fast reaction time
- High level system automation for ease of use
- Ease of integration into existing and new build FIBs
- Flexible system architecture meeting different customer requirements
- Low maintenance cost and high reliability