DMR Conventional Wide Area System solution;
- Demanding use in a wider area
- Requiring data communication in addition to voice communication,
- In need of a system management center due to requirements such as audio / data traffic and tracking radio locations
- If the number of user groups is not too large
- It is a critical to use TDMA (Time-Division Multiple Access) because it is important to efficiently allocate the frequency in the region where the communications will be performed.
- Generally, users who are in need of encrypted or unencrypted communication in plain areas.
ASELSAN, DMR offers a turnkey system solution for Conventional Wide Area architecture. For this architecture, infrastructure (base stations and switching unit), end user products (both radios and applications) and integration / installation solutions are provided.
In TDMA technology, while a call is on the physical channel, another user may initiate a call and continue two different calls on the same physical channel while a physical channel determined in the FDMA technology (e.g., a channel with a bandwidth of 12.5 kHz) is available for only one call. When the number of time slots are increased, the number of calls that can be performed on the same physical channel increases. Since the DMR communication protocol is in the 2 time division TDMA structure, two different calls can be made on the same physical channel, thus ensuring frequency efficiency.
The DMR Conventional Wide Area System solution supports the following applications:
- Vehicle and Personnel Tracking Application
- Database Query Application
- Operator Console (Dispatcher)
- Diagnostic Application Software
(These applications are not supported in direct mode operation)
If the communication needs of users change and they need a more advanced solution;
- Addition of new repeater radios and the device named "site trunk control unit" to the base stations established for the DMR Conventional Wide Area System
- Modification of the switching unit in the system management center for trunk architecture
- Modification of radios to trunk architecture
As a result of these, it is possible to switch to the DMR Trunk Wide Area System configuration.