P25 (Phase-1) Trunk Wide Area System solution;
- Demanding usage in a wider area
- Requiring data communication in addition to voice communication,
- In need of a system management center due to requirements such as audio / data traffic and tracking radio locations
- If the number of user groups and the frequency of the calls are high
- There is no obligation to use TDMA (Time-Division Multiple Access) because there is no problem with frequency assignment.
- Generally, presented as encrypted or non- encrypted for users who need communication in rural / mountain areas.
ASELSAN, offers turnkey system solution for P25 Trunk Wide Area architecture. For this architecture, infrastructure (base stations and switching unit), end user products (both radios and applications) and integration / installation solutions are provided.
In the trunk system architecture, each base station has 1 repeater radio programmed as "control channel" and repeater radios programmed as "traffic channel". All radios within the range of the base station wait on the control channel. If there is a call in any of the radio groups, all the radios in that group go from the control channel to the traffic channel assigned for that call. Other groups continue to wait on the control channel. If there are calls in the waiting radio groups, a new traffic channel is assigned for this call. The higher the number of traffic channels, the more number of groups can communicate simultaneously. When all the traffic channels in the base station are occupied, a new call is queued. It is directed, when a traffic channel is eligible.
In the conventional system architecture, one repeater radio is assigned for each channel. If this channel is occupied by any group, but one of the other groups wants to initiate a call, a warning is given that the channel is busy. The call is not queued. Trunk system architecture, a more sophisticated architecture as it can be understood from here, is a more suitable solution for users with a large number of user groups. Organizations with fewer users and fewer uses of the system may prefer to use conventional system architecture.
The P25 Conventional Wide Area System solution supports the following applications:
- Vehicle and Personnel Tracking Application *
- Messaging (E-Mail) Application *
- Database Query Application *
- Operator Console (Dispatcher)
- Diagnostic Application Software
- Call Taking Software
(These applications are not supported in direct mode operation.)
*: Can be used at both the system management center and the field.