On wide-area systems, the voice or data sent to the base station from the radios must be sent to other base stations. To perform this, a connection must be established and a communication must also take place between base stations. In all systems established by Aselsan, communication between base stations is performed by the Software Switching System "Softswitch". In other words, all the units in the system and all voice / data traffic is managed by this software. Switching within the system is made by a softswitch that provides connectivity to other RF subsystems, systems, and networks. The Softswitch System consists of a software switching unit and other auxiliary peripherals.
Depending on such criteria as the number of users in the system or frequency of use, the hardware that this software will work with may vary. For larger systems, it is advisable to use the server, while desktop / laptop computers can be used for smaller systems. It is less costly than previously used central solutions. It is also possible to back up this unit for critical systems.
Makes IP switching,
Fault tracking is easy,
Detailed logging is possible,
No special hardware required,
- Catching up with fast-growing software-based switching technology.
- Performing Wired – Wireless Radio area completion, in a software-based environment.
- Lowering costs.
- Removing custom hardware dependency.
- Obtaining a flexible, interchangeable system by getting rid of hardware-based bulky structures.
System architectures supported by Aselsan's own design Software Switching System "Softswitch" are:
- TETRA (Trunk) Wide Area System
- APCO Trunk Wide Area System
- APCO Conventional Wide Area System
- DMR Tier-III (Trunk) Wide Area System
- DMR Tier-II (Conventional) Wide Area System
The Softswitch System performs the functions listed below and / or more.
(Features may vary depending on communication protocol and system architecture):
- Individual call
- Group call
- Broadcast call
- Emergency call
- Queue management (Service requests are queued according to priority)
- Fair channel use
- Registration (individual and group)
- Management of radio service authorities
- Traffic messaging
- Monitoring of channel usage times
- Keeping track of traffic statistics and statistics on sites and communicating to management / configuration software
- Radio list (developed in management and configuration software)
- Intercom to other consoles (dispatchers)
- Assigning repeaters as control channel or traffic channels
- Wireless and wired completion (Interviewing telephone subscriptions with radio subscriptions)
- Broadcast system information
- Updating the encryption keys over the air
- Alarm-fault tracking
ASELSAN Softswitch, keeps the following information in the database:
1. Individual and group registration
2. IP planning
3. Console (dispatcher) information
4. Radio and repeater radio list, frequency and other parameters, radio authorization list
5. Group lists, site-group table
6. Traffic records (for forwarding to management and configuration software)
7. Disabled-function list
8. Channel lists
9. Statistical information on traffic log records
10. Service priority table
11. Service queue list