EAGLEEYE is a compact, small volume Gunner's Periscope with a high performance thermal imager with two axis gyro stabilized head mirror. It has been developed by ASELSAN for Main Battle Tanks and Armored Infantry Fighting Vehicles.
EAGLEEYE Gunner's Periscope consists of the following units:
- Thermal Sight
- Visible Sight
- Laser Range Finder
- Ballistic Computer
- Stabilized Head Mirror
EAGLEYE provides the gunner and the commander the capability to engage threats on the move, both day and night and in adverse combat conditions like dust, smoke, fire and camouflage, with superior range performance. Passive thermal imaging provides fully convert surveillance.
High precision stabilized Line-of-Sight, which is independent from Line-of-Fire ensures high first round hit probability by providing a jitter-fire, clear thermal/visible image in practically any terrain and at high speeds. High precision eye safe Laser Range Finder, Line-of-Sight and Line-of –Fire angular digital output and digital ballistic solution represent the assurance for the high probability of hit required in combat.
EAGLEEYE has been successfully integrated into the Leopard-1 main battle tank. Because of its small volume, it can also be used in different main battle tanks and armoured infantry fighting vehicles.
- Two Field of Views
- Operational in long-wave infrared band (visible through adverse battlefield conditions like dust, smoke, fire and camouflage)
LASER RANGE FINDER INTEGRATED VISIBLE SIGHT
- Two Field of Views
- Eyesafe ER:Glass laser in 1.54 µm band
- Pulse rate: 1 pulse per second
- First/Last return selection and multiple return warning
STABILIZED HEAD MIRROR
- Two axis high precision stabilized head mirror provides on the move jitter free DAY, CCD TV and thermal image
- Independent line of sight provides automatic lead and super-elevation insertion to the gun, without moving the line of sight from the target.
- High precision turret cant angle measurement through the integrated inclinometer
- Head mirror, gun/turret slewing and command
STABILIZATION AND BALLISTIC CONTROL UNIT
- Head mirror stabilization
- Automatic target tracking(optional)
- Ballistic computation (super-elevation and drift angle depending on the ammunition type, target range and meteorological conditions; dynamic lead angle to the moving targets, parallax and cant angle compensations )
- Automatic stabilization drift compensation
- Instant boresight correction for barrel tip deflections due to the thermal expansions
GUNNER'S AND COMMANDER'S DISPLAY AND CONTROL UNITS
- Thermal and Day TV view of the battlefield
- Selection of Thermal and Day TV images and controls of the Commander, independent of the Gunner
- Display of all fire control information and data input through the displayed menus
- Meteorological sensor
- Gun elevation sensor
- Azimuth position sensor
- Muzzle tip reference collimator
Note: All tolerances are within ±10%. Specifications may change without prior notice.