ASELSAN Radio Communication Systems can provide customized voice services and data applications in line with user requirements while providing operating features (conventional, trunk, etc.) specified by different international standards (TIA APCO P25, ETSI DMR, etc.).
Radio terminals and repeater devices can be configured for voice and data communications, after operating features and working parameters of the radio communication system are determined.
ASELSAN Radio Communication System; each of which may consist of a RF sub-system comprising a province, a management region or a specific geographical area. In a RF subsystem, more than one RF site, which provide radio access in specific coverage areas, can be set up. A site can have multiple repeaters with different tasks that can work on different frequencies. By defining repeater devices in different sites under a logical channel, wide area voice communication can be provided over the radio system infrastructure. The features and functions such as identification of operating information and transferring the information to the system units, management of the system configuration data is provided with Radio System Management and Configuration Software. This system group consists of Main System Management software for general systems and Sub Systems Management software for each sub system.
The Radio Subsystem Management Software performs the following functions:
- Provides subsystem-based configuration and service authorization management for voice and data communication.
- Programs radio terminals, repeater devices and radio system switching device parameters and service authorizations (individual and group identities, IP addresses, call authority, channel information, etc.) and reads the programmed parameters and service authorizations.
- Keeps system configuration changes and traffic and status records of system components.
- Displays records and statistical data of traffic and fault information and provides reporting based on date range, channel, user group, device, etc.
- Manages the control messages required for system operation and provides authorization and parameter updates to the relevant system units over the wired or wireless network.
- Manages radio killing, temporary stunning and gaining functions and keeps a prohibited list of these actions.
- Provides authorization management of application software users.
In a system architecture with multiple subsystems requiring common communication, the Radio System Main Management Center Software is located on the subsystem management software and in a central location. Radio System Main Management Center Software is the management software that can input the database information of each subsystem together with the general and common operation parameters of the radio system, distributing this information to the subsystems in the radio system network and provide data synchronization between subsystems. In addition to the features provided by the Radio Subsystem Management Software, the following features are available through the Main Management:
- Determines systems general and common parameters, frequency bands to be used and radio types to be used in these bands and to select data services in the system.
- Specifies application date and time of the traffic keys will become active and start air distribution, which is prepared in the Crypto Key Management Center and that are transferred to the Main Management with fillgun and updates switching information in sub system managements.
- Manages access and data update operations to other data sources.
- Provides necessary connection settings for different inter-system communication.