Users can send a report or a photograph of the scene on duty to the system management center and / or to other radios through ASELSAN communication system. Since this system is allocated to the institution and is closed to external usage, this information is sent in a much safer environment compared to the e-mails sent over the internet. It is also possible to increase the level of information security by sending this information in crypto form.
Both mobile units and fixed units can be e-mailed through ASELSAN communication system infrastructure via a personalized computer / laptop / data terminal connected to radio (or Tablet Control Header located in the advanced configuration of 4900 Atlas Mobile Radio and 4900 Desktop Radio). General features of the messaging application are as follows:
- It has the ability to put multimedia files as file attachments and the types of plugin file sizes and types can be limited.
- All sent messages and their contents (report, file, multimedia file) are stored in the electronic archive structure on the server and can be searched and listed from the authorized console computer.
- User can send messages, read incoming messages and store incoming and outgoing messages.
- There are the following sections and menus in the user interface:
- "Inbox" menu to see incoming messages,
-"Go to Messages" menu to see the messages to be sent,
-"Sent Messages" menu to see outgoing messages,
-"Deleted Messages" menu to see deleted messages,
-''Formatted Message" menu for preparing and sending formatted messages.
There are "To", "Information", "Subject" and "File Attachment" fields in outgoing message interface.
There are "From", "To", "Information", "Subject" and "File Attachment'' fields in inbox interface,.
Unsent messages are reported to the user with a warning and these messages are displayed differently.
All messages and attachments sent automatically are compressed and sent, and automatically opened when they are received from the opposite side and clicked on.