TROBES is an energy saving system for railway applications. TROBES has a modular structure that can be configured with batteries and/or supercapacitors.
ASELSAN's investment in new battery technologies results in long-life operation with fast recharge capability. The impact of this technology on railway systems is more reliable and cost-effective catenary-free operation of trams.
Catenary-free systems helps improving visual aesthetics of cities, lowering investment costs and enables more flexible designs of railway vehicles
Also apart from catenary-free operation;
- During acceleration, traction motor will be supplied both from catenary and battery/supercapacitor energy,
- During deceleration, with regenerative braking, TROBES will recharge its batteries/supercapacitors.
These all will result in energy saving up to %30.
- Modular energy storage structure
- with Battery and/or Super Capacitor
- Catenary-free operation
- Reducing Infrastructure Investments
- Optimum energy management
- Kinetic energy recovery during braking