Rolls-Royce has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Aselsan A.S, one of Turkey’s leading electronics companies, to explore potential collaboration opportunities in the area of engine control systems.
Commenting on the agreement Bob Stoddart, Rolls-Royce President of Customer Business – Defence, said:
“Having had some very positive initial discussions with the team at Aselsan we believe that there are some exciting opportunities around the areas of engine control systems and engine health monitoring that may help us both to grow our business in the Turkish market. This MoU enables us to have a more meaningful discussion and explore potential future collaboration.
“Turkey is an important market for Rolls-Royce and offers several exciting collaborative opportunities for our defence business in the areas of combat aircraft, helicopters and transport aircraft and the provision of support to our expanding engine fleet powering the Turkish Armed Forces.”
Chairman of the Aselsan Board, Dr. Hasan Canpolat, stated;
"We believe that, through this agreement, Aseslan and Rolls-Royce can create synergies and solutions that will bring benefits both in Turkey and to the wider global market. “
About Rolls-Royce Holdings plc
1. Rolls-Royce’s vision is to create better power for a changing world via two main business segments, Aerospace and Marine & Industrial Power Systems (MIPS). These business segments address markets with two strong technology platforms, gas turbines and reciprocating engines, for use on land, at sea and in the air.
2. Aerospace comprises Civil Aerospace and Defence Aerospace. MIPS comprises Marine, Energy & Nuclear and Power Systems (RRPS). On 7 March 2014, Daimler announced their intention to exercise their option to sell their 50% share in RRPS to Rolls-Royce Holdings plc. On 16 April 2014, Rolls-Royce and Daimler announced that they have agreed the valuation of Daimler’s 50% equity interest. The transaction is expected to complete within the coming months and is subject to the usual regulatory approvals.
3. Rolls-Royce has customers in more than 120 countries, comprising more than 380 airlines and leasing customers, 160 armed forces, 4,000 marine customers, including 70 navies, and 1,600 energy and nuclear customers.
4. Our business is focused on the 4Cs:
- Customer – placing the customer at the heart of our business
- Concentration – deciding where to grow and where not to
- Cost – continually looking to increase efficiency
- Cash – improving financial performance.
5. Annual underlying revenue was £15.5 billion in 2013, around half of which came from the provision of aftermarket services. The firm and announced order book stood at £71.6 billion at 31 December 2013.
6. In 2013, Rolls-Royce invested £1.1 billion on research and development. We also support a global network of 31 University Technology Centres, which position Rolls-Royce engineers with the forefront of scientific research.
7. Rolls-Royce employs over 55,000 people in 45 countries. Over 17,000 of these are engineers.
8. The Group has a strong commitment to apprentice and graduate recruitment and to further developing employee skills. In 2013 we employed 379 graduates and 288 apprentices through our worldwide training programmes.
For further information, please contact:
Marketing & Communications Director
Tel: 0117 979 5943
1. ASELSAN is the high-technological leader company in defence industry in Turkey.
2. ASELSAN is an affiliated company of the Turkish Armed Forces Foundation and serves as a technology center in design, development, production, system integration, modernization and after sales services in the fields of Military Communication, Radar and Electronic Warfare Systems, Electro-Optical Systems, INS and Avionic Systems, Defence and Weapon Systems, C4ISR Systems, Marine War Systems, Professional Communication Systems, Intelligent Transportation Systems.
3. With exports to 47 countries in five continents, ASELSAN is among the first hundred defence companies in the world.
4. Annual underlying revenue was $1 billion in 2013, The firm and announced order book stood at $ 5 billion at 31 December 2013.
5. ASELSAN employs over 4,500 people of which 60% are engineers. Has joint participations in 5 countries.
6. Annual revenue beyond $ 1 billion, has allocated $ 383 Million to R&D and has a participation of %43 in Defence R&D activities in Turkey.
For further information, please contact:
Director of Air and Sea Programs
ASELSAN MGEO Grubu, Çankırı Yolu 7.Km,
06750, Akyurt , Ankara
Work : +90 312 8475300 / 4100