WBNR is designed by taking the new generation communication requirements of Tactical Area Systems into consideration. WBNR supports full IP-based communication and high data rate capacity.
In this context, with WBNR;
- Mobile Ad Hoc Networking structure supporting communication on the move capability for the tactical users, with self-forming, self-healing features
- Up to 150 users are supported in a single network
- Advanced COMSEC & TRANSEC features including encryption, authentication, frequency hopping and more.
- Automatic data routing between different radio nets without the need of any additional routing device which allows enhanced communication security through end-to-end encryption, and reduced overall latency
- Seamless IP integration with Narrow Band Networking Radio Waveform (NBNR) that is already implemented on ASELSAN's 9661 Software Defined Radio (SDR) Family
- Seamless IP integration with external IP networks like Tactical Area Communication System (TASMUS) etc. is supported.
- IP-based prioritization service (QoS)
- Simultaneous voice and data communication supported, reducing the number of radios required significantly by merging the voice and data networks
- Up to 25 different voice groups (voice nets) supported within one radio net, reducing the number of radios required significantly by merging different voice nets that were traditionally having their own radio nets into a single radio net.
| Wide Band OFDM based Communication|
|Frequency Hoping and Fixed Frequency Mode
|Adaptive Modulation and coding|
|Dynamic Relaying Function|
|Dynamic adaptation for changes of network topology|
|Selective voice call within a single network as well as between different networks|
|Full IP-based communication|
|Multicast and Broadcast communication|
|Prioritization and pre-emption|
|Over the air software upgrade|
|Over the air key distribution|
| Frequency hopping|
|Strong Integrity Check|